Call for Participation
We are pleased to announce the 5th Joint International Conference on Data Sciences and Management of Data (CODS-COMAD) to be held in Bangalore, India, on January 8-10, 2022 as a hybrid event. In this year’s edition of the conference, we have introduced a new track dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion (D&I) in research in Data Sciences and Databases.
The new track will feature eminent keynote speakers, live panels, and research vision talks on channeling data science towards understanding and addressing barriers to diversity and inclusion. Additionally, we will be hosting a number of mentorship and networking roundtables for students, faculty members, and researchers from traditionally under-represented groups to provide them an opportunity to interact with leading scientists from academia and industry. The discussion topics are expected to span a broad range that includes specific technical areas, the process of conducting research, career guidance as well as life in academia and industry.
If you would like to participate in the CODS-COMAD conference, please fill up this form (https://forms.gle/J8jm6nzKaKqnDGwV9). Selected candidates will be able to participate in specific networking roundtables as well as apply for a waiver of their registration fees for the conference.
Given the evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, CODS-COMAD will be held as a hybrid event this year. Selected participants of networking roundtables will always have the option of joining the event virtually. We may move to a fully virtual event depending on the situation. The decision will be posted as we get closer to the conference.
- Keynote Talks: 2 Keynote talks by leading researchers with relevance to Data Science and Databases as well as Diversity and Inclusion theme
- Panel Discussion: D&I issues in research in Data Science and Databases with participants who have broken the stereotypes and barriers to accomplish great heights in their respective worlds
- Mentorship Round Tables: These will be interactive roundtable discussions with participants chosen from submissions. It will cover three broad areas (exact topics to be finalized later)
Career & life advice round tables
Corporate round tables
All deadlines are Anywhere on Earth (AoE, UTC-1200)
- September 10, 2021: Submission of form
- October 10, 2021: Notification of selection