The Applied Data Sciences (ADS) track invites both full (8 pages+2 pages for references) as well as short (4 pages+1 page for references) papers describing the design, implementation and results of solutions and systems for application of data science techniques to real-world problems. Technical approaches can include data science, data mining, applied machine learning, testing and governance of data science models and solutions, DevOps for data science.
Accepted papers will be given the opportunity to present their work as an oral presentation. Accepted papers will appear in the proceedings of the conference, which will be published in ACM Digital Library.
- Data science applications in domains such as education, software engineering, cloud computing, agriculture, transportation, energy, real estate, manufacturing, finance, retail, healthcare, e-commerce, digital marketing, telecommunications, social media and computational advertising, public policy, bio-chemical engineering, pollution tracking and climate change, etc.
- Experience papers from industry, government agencies, startups and NGOs relating to the large-scale deployment of data science applications. Of particular interest are papers addressing issues relating to infrastructure for scale, ease of adoption, and new data science/management technologies. Papers should highlight pain points and new challenges emerging due to deployment of these new technologies. Verifiable evidence of business impact, social impact or other real-world impact from such deployments are encouraged.
- Ethical issues in data science applications, fairness and bias, trust, data privacy, explainability, etc., especially when these issues are considered in relation to deployed systems.
We also welcome submissions related to the use of analytics and data systems to manage and learn from the COVID-19 epidemic, including but not limited to epidemic modeling, healthcare, disease detection, resilient logistics, etc.
Additionally, please see this page to help you decide between the Research Track and Applied Data Science Track.
Please read the Dual submission, Plagiarism and Conflict of Interest policies before finalising your submission.
Partial travel Grants will be available for students (both domestic and international) whose papers are accepted. Presenters will also have the option to present the papers virtually.
All deadlines are Anywhere on Earth (AoE, UTC-1200)
July 11, 2021July 18, 2021: Submission of papers
- October 1, 2021: Notifications
- October 31, 2021: Camera ready due